BPA Code of Practice
BPA Members staging professionally fired firework and/or pyrotechnic displays agree to abide by the
following Code of Practice:
- To meet all legal requirements that apply in respect of manufacture, importation, transport, storage, use and disposal of display fireworks and pyrotechnics including:
Transport of explosives including classification and packaging
- To maintain the highest professional standards in all aspects of their work
- To maintain, where appropriate, adequate legal storage for fireworks or pyrotechnics used
in the staging of professionally fired firework and/or pyrotechnic displays
- To maintain adequate insurance cover for their activities and for firework displays this will
be a minimum of £5M for product and public and employers liability insurance.
- To carry out all relevant risk assessments and safety procedures in accordance with the BPA
Firework Displays – Training
BPA companies staging professionally fired firework displays agree to demonstrate Continuous
Professional Development of their staff with attendance at BPA training courses.
Pyrotechnic Displays – Training
BPA companies staging professionally fired pyrotechnic displays agree to demonstrate Continuous
Professional Development of their staff.
Members may be subject to disciplinary proceedings held in accordance with the BPA rules for
breaches of this agreed Code of Practice, the BPA Rules or where the industry or the Association has
been brought into disrepute. Sanctions for any breach include, ultimately, dismissal from the BPA.